The Creeping Museum, born in a North Portland laundromat in the spring of 2016, is the nonprofit creative vision and labor of love of two friends trying to save the world with art.
Our mission is to help independent creators share small works of strange and unusual art with a wider audience, while supporting some of our favorite causes. We believe every lapel is a potential gallery, and that there’s a curator creeping inside each and every one of us.
If you’re an artist interested in collaborating with us, drop us a line at email@example.com.
The Creeping Team
Alyssa (@chaletpancakes) has two decades of experience as a content strategist, producer, and designer, and has a graduate degree in museum studies with a focus on collections management. She’s been fortunate enough to work with some of her favorite cultural institutions including the National Civil Rights Museum, MoMA, Sesame Workshop, and National Geographic. In addition to creepy art, she loves books and coffee, scary movies, cuckoo clocks, and making pictures with thread.
Layla (@hircumvetulum) is an artist, hair stylist, and salon owner. Raised by artists, and trained as a printmaker/bookbinder, she’s been “making” in one form or another her whole life. She loves art (hi-brow to no-brow), music ( ’50’s r&b to doom metal), horror movies (the ghostier the better), and could easily survive on a steady diet of meatball subs and cafe con leche.
Stay up-to-date and follow @thecreepingmuseum on Instagram!
Welcome to my shop! I draw everything from ghoulish girls, mermaids, creepy dolls, nice sea creatures, and everything in between! Everything in this store is made, packaged and shipped out directly from me, the artist.
You can check out the rest of my artwork at http://www.thecreepingmoon.com
Nocturna, now in its 28th year, is an 18+ dark alternative dance night held once every other month (more or less) in Chicago. DJ Scary Lady Sarah spins a highly request-driven mix of current & classic goth, industrial, post-punk, deathrock, ethereal, shoegaze, new wave, ebm, darkwave, dark indie & more. Come dance until dawn!
*♥* For this Nocturna, the first of 2017, we present our annual “NEW LOVES & BROKEN HEARTS VALENTINE BALL” theme and will feature:
• Live photo booth by GlitterGuts Photobooth (dress to impress- red & black!)
• The return of the VALENTINE’S MAILBOX GAME! Send your secret crush a message, anonymous or not (or just mess with your friends!) Free & running all night. ♥
• GIVEAWAYS for this night include Nocturna t-shirts and more TBA!
• VENDORS for this night include:
– Dreaded Jenocide: The Place for Lovely Spooky Things offering spooky barrettes, accessories, makeup, clothing & more!
– Artist Angela Bachman of Grey Engel Artwork will have a selection of her beautiful prints on sale
– Mistress Lupe will be offering fetish gear such as: paddles, floggers and bondage kits!
– David VonStaudacher turns ornate silver, silver plated & stainless steel spoons into beautiful gothy rings! The prices are all around $20.
– NOCTURNA t-shirts & Scary Lady Sarah’s own “One Inch Worlds” pin badges and CDs, t-shirts, stickers & buttons from The Bellwether Syndicate
• Complimentary Valentine’s, candy & treats for all
• Total broken hearts/new loves decor (*wear red & black!*)
• Coat check will be open!
At Metro, 3730 N. Clark St, Chicago
11pm – 5am / 18+ / $10.
Thank you so much! Please help spread the word by sharing this event page!- especially now that FB limits how many people one person can invite! Looking forward to seeing you there!!! 🙂 ♥
♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ☠
Join the NOCTURNA FB group, too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/15090361526
Nocturna is an American Gothic Productions event…
Specialists in Dark Nightlife…
Grab your girlfriends & join us at ALIVE Rescue’s 6th Annual “Grrrrrl’s Night Out” , hosted by River Norths hot spot , Joy District.
This is a night exclusively for the ladies, and will include a signature drink upon entry (cash bar) , passed vegan/vegetarian appetizers, Sweet Treat Bar and raffle. PLUS! Complimentary services from Chicago’s best Glam Squad , including: Mini Manicures, Hair Styles and Consultations, Make up Application , Party Lashes , Massage and much much more!
Glam Squad Provided By:
Liv Lash Boutique
K Marie Hair Studio
All VIP Tickets include a Stayin ALIVE Swag Bag full of Cruelty Free Beauty items and discount cards!
Hope to see you there for this fun night celebrating all things Grrrls!!
***This event is for ladies 21+***
I am a Seattle-based sculptor with a fascination with antiquity and the passage of time. Through my work I explore tradition, myth, and belief. Spanning the gamut from the pharaonic funeral masks of unknowable space gods to the tactile remains of pre-Christian deities, my sculptures are the relics of fantastical civilizations and lost tribes.
You can follow my work at: https://www.facebook.com/artofjasonsoles